Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My changing life

Right a bit of time has passed since i last wrote and i apologies for that but really my head has been up my arse. I started my new post in Acccident and Emergency on monday and my head is still up my arse. I wander round the department following people who look like they know what they are doing. It is really strange going from somewhere that you knew where everying thing was and if someone asked you to do something you knew exactly how to do it or able to get the peorson that can do it. I have had to learn everything from scratch, where the wards are and what they do. How to page someone and learn all the computery stuff and all the noises and smells. I have seen a few interesting things so far but everyone is so busy its hard to get them to tell you what they are doing so i can do it next time. I have master ECGs, im not allowed to do IV additives, cannulation, venopuncture, access VAD or anything i did in my old job so it feels like i have nothing to give them but i am taking all the time. All the staff have been very nice and the Drs are very helpful so far. I do feel very much out of my depth but i love it....

Right im away to buy a book on Emergency nursing....that will help me im sure.