Wednesday, December 13, 2006

some stories

Well a few months in the ER and i have a few stories under my belt, not to much info as it might be you

I saw a man with a venamous snake bite, a quick call to a man in brazil and he was free to go it was only a wee bit venemous.

I got to do chest compressions on a real person

I have diagnosed spinal cord compression

i have perfected cannulation and bleeding people, and even i have done some in emergency situations, i just need to perfect grays and get in an brown or orange.

i know where most things are in resus

I have cut clothes off people and it feels good

I have seen an off ended distal femur fracture.....ouch

I have decided i definatly cannot join the ambulance service as i feel a real need to vomit travelling backwards in an ambulance. I had to do a transfer and rush hour to the certer of town, i was nearly reaching for the sick bowl. I dont know how those folk do it, i really like my feet on dry land or land anyway.

I get to see those kind folk in green and they cheer up your day with a wee bit banter

I refused to get a man a sandwich so he self discharged and got home and called 999 again as he was hungry. I found out he had done that 3 times already that day.

i have experienced the worlds worst body odour from the patients not staff

There are lots of things that are stuck places where they shouldnt

Lots of time is spent on the phone

People think you have xray eyes and ask you at triage "do you think its broken" and you get to say what you like.

There are lots of people that turn up that have not had a accident and there condition is certainly not an emergency and some nurses take great pleasue in telling them this.

I love A/E its brill